> Hi Meeraj

From my perspective having demonstrable code in June would be spot on as I have to speak on SCA then and would consider a demo if we could do it.

Maybe we can even get something earlier -  I'm also speaking at JavaOne.

I don't have the knowledge yet to comment on the details of your
proposal just yet (hence the new subject) but a question. From a future demo point of view I would like to show various runtime options some of which are not federated examples some of which are. Can I miss out the
federation bit if I want to? For example, I would potentially like to
show a variety of scenarios

- Hello world. the simplest possible single process example to get
people into how SCA works
- Standalone domain (a single VM)
     service provision (perhaps an AJAX style example where an SCA

+1

I think it would be good to finish out some of the programming model for web apps, in particular allowing injection on Services. If you want to demo something with Flex, let me know as I have some contacts there that may be able to help us.

For a simple example, in my talk I used the loan-app example from the core samples. I basically started with a simple LoanClient that talked to a LoanService (pulled from the core-samples) in a stateless manner. I showed how components can be simple POJOs with no annotations and then demonstrated how they are configured in a very simple assembly. I've done a number of SCA presentations and the approach that seems to resonate the most is first providing a high- level picture of what SCA is by comparing it to Microsoft WCF. I then have one slide basically saying "components offer services and have references". This is similar to Don Box's description of WCF when he talks about services having "ABCs". Right after that slide, I jump into a POJO example with the point of saying "you [the audience] already know how to write components in Java using SCA". I usually show the assembly SCDL next which is just a few lines. Then I update the example to apply conversational scope and callbacks to demonstrate why the development paradigm is an evolution from what current exists. At that, point I then say "this isn't something entirely new, this can be done today...what is new is federation, runtime selection of bindings, etc. etc."

composite provides services to the browser)
service consumption (backend service access providing content to my
AJAX service)
- Federated domain (multiple VM)
     How SCA describes many connected composites.

I'm just starting now to look at how all the kernel stuff works so I
expect all this will become clear soon enough (I found your previous
posts giving explantion b.t.w - so am starting from there)

Cool. I think making this stuff a reality and moving it beyond demoware would be a great way to promote collaboration. Let me know how I can help.

Jim