Since it's going to take a little bit of time to be able to bring up end to end scenarios with our new modularized kernel, I think it would be useful to be able to run simple SCA applications using a thin layer on top of Spring like the one I had prototyped in my sanbdox in modules [1] and [2] and already discussed on this list in [3].

This will help us validate our model layer by feeding SCA assembly models to Spring and running these assemblies using the Spring container instead of our own container. I think it is also a good illustration of our new modular kernel architecture, showing how you can swap the IoC container with another one (Spring for example) if you want.

I'd like to integrate these two modules from my sandbox into the trunk to build them with the rest of the modules in the new build structure. If there's no objections I'll do that some time tomorrow, then people can review this code, try it and provide feedback.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/sandbox/sebastien/java/sca/modules/bean/ [2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/sandbox/sebastien/java/sca/modules/bean-test/
[3] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg15993.html