I buried a notification on the list about the availability of release
candidate 3 for SDO for Java at the bottom of the vote thread on RC2. I
think perhaps it would have been clearer to start a new thread.  So, please
poke and prod at it in advance of me starting a vote thread.

RC3 is at
http://people.apache.org/~kelvingoodson/sdo_java/M3/RC3/<http://people.apache.org/%7Ekelvingoodson/sdo_java/M3/RC3/>
The release audit tool (rat) files and associated exceptions are attached to
the jira under which the release work was done, here ....
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1171

The tag for the source code is here .....
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sdo/1.0-incubator-M3/
<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sdo/1.0-incubator-M3/>
Changes in this release are shown here .....
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sdo/1.0-incubator-M3/sdo/distribution/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

For this iteration I have, fixed all the small typos and inaccuracies that
were pointed out in the README, LICENSE and samples documentation.  I've
also made sure the jar names are all consistent and rearranged the structure
of the samples archive a little,  including putting the correct javadoc in
that archive.  This slip caused me to build a script  for creating the
distribution  (
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12355518/buildSDORelease.bat)

I still haven't managed to find the time yet to investigate and come to a
conclusion on whether I should be publishing the artifacts to the maven repo
right now,  or when I start a new vote,  or when that vote is completed.
Ant sent me some links to discussion threads from other projects that have
been  coming up against this issue,  which I'll digest as soon as I can.
For your ref they are ...
http://marc.info/?t=117607058700003&r=1&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=incubator-general&m=117606976901938&w=2

Regards, Kelvin.