Hello,

Sorry for the delay. Got busy with day to day job.
Thanks for your feedback.

 Need diagrams - we had some nice ones from sebastien and from the old
site that we can use in various places

Please go ahead and add diagrams that you see fit.

>> Home - Move the page round to make the first thing the statement about
what it
does rather than about incubation.
DONE.

- Have a a breaking new section on the bottom of the first page to report
the last 3 or so significant events, i.e. provide links directly to the
latest releases.
I find this information to be too much on the overview/home page.  Visitor
can find the info on the news and event link or download link.  However, if
this is a common suggestion, I'll add it in.

News and Events
Appears in General and Community
Fixed
Separate "upcoming events and news" into events and news
Done

SCA
Java SCA
Java SCA Subproject? Why subproject in the title of this page.
Done

 I like the list of modules I think we should go with the module name
from the code and link to a separate
  page for each one. (take a look I've made an example). We can then use
URLs such as
   http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/binding-ws to refer
directly to the module description(*)
The idea that I was trying to promote with the website was to progressively
disclose information that visitor wants to know about. They choose to learn
more if they want to.  SCA Java page is a high level view of the SCA Java
project. I agree that module information is good. As Ant suggested a better
place for this information might be  the architecture guide  or  developer
guide.

One problem that I see with these module pages is its upkeep and the effort
to provide content. We already have many links to guides that are in need of
content.

 >> Architecture Guide
 >> >still pointing to the old one

Yes, content needs to be updated by those knowledgeable in this area.

   - I still think there should be a developer guide as it fits well
under
the guide section. So how about
         Guides
          User Guide
            Architecture Guide
            Developer Guide
         Resources
            Source code
            Java Doc

Good idea. Adopted this for all the projects.

- SDO
- SDO Java
    - has an issue management section under development
It was there. Need to check with SDO team on this one.

- DAS
- seems to be in a slightly different format. We have Java and C++
implementations underway so we could follow the patter of SCA and SDO.
There are different flavors of DAS regardless of  each being implemented in
C++ or Java.
The presentation of that page is more geared towards the type of DAS
(support for end sources) that are available than in what language the DAS
is implemented in.
What is your suggestion for DAS page?

On 4/20/07, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 4/20/07, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip/>

2/ Developer guide
> This comment was just stating a preference. I just liked the idea of
> having
> a user guide and a developer guide. I felt that "getting involved"
sounded
> like it should be talking about mail lists and irc's etc rather than the
> details of the development process. If people are generally happy with
the
> getting involved then its far more important to get the content there
than
> debate what it's called ;-)

I like having all three -  user guides, developer guides and a getting
involved page. The getting involved page could be a general Tuscany
project
level thing  about the project mailing lists, IRC, Apache conventions etc.
The user and developer guides could be sub-project specific so individual
ones for DAS, SCA, and SDO.