Simon Laws wrote:
On 4/24/07, Kevin Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Sebastien,
The test runs fines from /http-tomcat.
--Kevin

On 4/24/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [snip]
> Kevin Williams wrote:
> > Now, I am getting the Connection refused error:
> >
> > INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8586
> > Apr 24, 2007 12:31:07 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded start
> > INFO: Starting tomcat server
> > Apr 24, 2007 12:31:07 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
> > INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.10
> > Apr 24, 2007 12:31:07 PM
> > org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfigdefaultWebCon
> > fig
> > INFO: No default web.xml
> > Apr 24, 2007 12:31:07 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
> > INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8586
> > Apr 24, 2007 12:31:07 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
> > INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8586
> > Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
4.686sec
> > <<< FA
> > ILURE!
> > testRequestSession(org.apache.tuscany.http.tomcat.TomcatServerTestCase
)
> > Time el
> > apsed: 1.082 sec  <<< ERROR!
> > java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
> >        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
> > at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:372)
> >        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(
PlainSocketImpl.java
> > :233)
> >        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:220)
> >        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:378)
> >        at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:536)
> >        at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:486)
> >        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:394)
> >        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:207)
> >        at
> > org.apache.tuscany.http.tomcat.TomcatServerTestCase.testRequestSessio
> > n(TomcatServerTestCase.java:87)
> >        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> > (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
> > java:64)
> >        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> > (DelegatingMethodAcces
> > sorImpl.java:43)
> >

> Kevin,
>
> This one is interesting as it's an isolated Tomcat test case, not even
> involving integration with the Web Service binding. I suspect a timing
> issue, where Tomcat is returning from the start method before it's
> actually ready to accept requests. I'm going to investigate it but have
> question: Are you able to reproduce this problem when running mvn from
> the http-tomcat directory? or are you only running into it when building
> the whole trunk?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Jean-Sebastien

I checked out all of the java changes and my build doesn't work with the
switch to the NioProtocol connector in http-tomcat. I get "Connection
Refused" on the third test case, i.e. it seems to work twice and then
fails. I backed out to the previous vanilla connection and it gets all the
way through the test.

Simon

Simon, could you please try revision r532289?

The following changes: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=532289
should help with these problems.

With these changes, I am able to build on both Linux and Windows.