Some comments inline...

Could we also start summarizing this on the release page :
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/RDB+DAS+-+Java+DAS+M3+Release

On 4/27/07, Amita Vadhavkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi All,
I was going through
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyJava/DAS_Java_Overview
As it is a work-in-progress, can we consider each section of this page and
put points
on mail about what can be added and revise the section for same?
Below are some things I thought so far, need feedback, suggestions.
In
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyJava/DAS_Java_Overview
we can revise
*Java M3 Release (Proposed Planning) - DAS Key Features
*DAS Ideas / Requirements / Features

Please, let's use the new wiki [1] for the the comming DAS release, I have
moved this page to [2]

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/DAS+Overview
[2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/RDB+DAS+-+Releases

Also, thought of the below items for User Guide

http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyJava/DAS_Java_Overview/RDBDAS_Java_User_Guide

Well, probably 1st thing would be to move the User's Guide to the new wiki
:)
I have created a place holder on the new wiki [3]

[3] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/RDB+DAS+-+User+Guide

*Check all User Guide pages for TBDs and complete

Concepts
*newly add Graph Merger

Have we added this ?

Capabilities(How To)
*add content for Explicit Create/Update/Delete
*add content for Explicit Result Set Shape definition
*newly add WorkingWithCompoundKeyRelationships

http://wiki.apache.org/ws/WorkingWithCompoundKeys

*newly add WorkingWithMultipleDatabaseSchema (only after JIRA is resolved)
*newly add DAS as SCA service

We need to make this back to live first :)

*newly add DAS support for J2SE environment

Yes, we should document this

*Samples (See capabilities in use) (new section)

Do you think we can make the ajax sample working for this release ? at least
get get what we have there more stable and working for both IE and Firefox
and some htmlUnitTests ?

We can have links to sample readmes here.

*Tips and Tricks (new section)
Is it good to collect all tricky questions answered so far in ML in RDB
DAS
- which were not clearly
understood from user guide e.g.recent mail thread for RDB DAS - How to
create non containment association ?

We should also review and update our FAQ

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/RDB+DAS+Java+-+FAQ

Regards,
Amita

On 4/20/07, Amita Vadhavkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have introduced a new section in the wiki page for JIRAs which are
under
> review (patch
> available) and are just a couple of days away from getting into trunk. I
> will modify the wiki
> page ones these are committed.
>
> The 2 JIRAs - TUSCANY-948(DAS Connection support for standalone J2SE)
and

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Features+for+Java+DAS+M3+Release

http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-user%40ws.apache.org/msg00589.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg11017.html