[snip]

Raymond Feng wrote:
Hi,

I have now refactored the RuntimeWire.Source and RuntimeWire.Target into a new interface EndpointReference uner r538339. The Message interface now has the following methods:

public interface Message {
   EndpointReference<RuntimeComponentReference> getFrom();
   void setFrom(EndpointReference<RuntimeComponentReference> from);
   EndpointReference<RuntimeComponentService> getTo();
   void setTo(EndpointReference<RuntimeComponentService> to);
}

The EndpointReference can be later on used to implement the CallableReference/ServiceReference and it can be serialized as URI to represent an endpoint.

Please let me know your opinions.

Do we absolutely need these generics? What if we wanted to send a message back to a client, we probably wouldn't have a component service to send the message to, right?