Folks,

I ran into a problem building and running the Itests for SCA.

I was unable to get the jaxws-maven-plugin resolved and the whole thing failed - this was despite there being a copy of the plugin in my local repository - it just turned out to be unacceptably old for some reason best known to maven.

The POM for the Itests has an entry for the java.net Maven 1.x repository, which I think is the expected place for resolution of the
jaxws plugin:

        <pluginRepository>
            <snapshots>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
            </snapshots>
            <id>java.net</id>
            <name>java.net Maven 1.x Repository</name>
            <url>https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/repository</url>
            <layout>legacy</layout>
        </pluginRepository>

However, the jaxws-maven-plugin project has moved on. The plugin isn't in that repository any longer. Instead it is in the Maven 2 repository on java.net:

        <pluginRepository>
            <snapshots>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
            </snapshots>
            <id>maven2-repository.dev.java.net</id>
            <name>java.net Maven 2 Repository</name>
            <url>http://download.java.net/maven/2</url>
            <layout>default</layout>
        </pluginRepository>

Adding this second plugin repository to the POM and cleaning out my local repository enabled things to work correctly.

Unless folk object, I propose to commit an update to the POM for the itests with this extra plugin repository declaration - it is definitely the right location for the most up to date version of this plugin.

Yours,  Mike.