Thanks for the patch Simon, I have applied it on the 0.90 branch and
in trunk as well and have resolved the JIRA.

On 5/23/07, Simon Nash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I found a serious problem in the calculator-web sample in the 0.90
release candidate.  The ant script for this sample builds a war that
is not deployable because of two missing files.  The pre-built war file
that is shipped as part of the binary distro is fine.  I discovered
this as a last-minute glitch with my demo for the Tuscany presentation
that I gave today at the IBM Impact conference.

I'll write a JIRA for this now and post a patch asap (later today EDT).

   Simon

Simon Nash wrote:
> I think the "shop window factor" is an important consideration.
> The cumulative effect of the issues that people have reported seems
> to be significant enough from this perspective that a respin is
> desirable.  In particular, the build and sample README problems
> could be quite off-putting to a novice user.
>
>   Simon
>
> Simon Laws wrote:
>
>> I've given the src and binary distros a spin on linux. My
>> configuration is
>>
>> Fedora Core5
>> IBM JDK 1.5.0
>> Maven 2.0.6
>>
>> Binary:
>>
>> I concur with Luciano that the READMEs for
>>
>> calculator-rmi-reference
>> calculator-rmi-service
>> implementation-crud
>>
>> now don't match the way that the samples are currently organized. I'm
>> reluctant to agree to go with this release when our shop window isn't
>> fully
>> functional. I have checked fixes in for the calculator sample to the
>> 0.9branch and head. Luciano's fix for implementation-crud looks good
>> to me.
>>
>> Source:
>>
>> This fails to build under maven in my environment. The culprit is the
>> maven-jaxb-plugin. The pom provided with the version that we refer in our
>> poms, e.g. databinding-jaxb, has a non-UTF8 character in one of the
>> author
>> names which causes the maven build to fail with the IBM JDK 1.5.0 on
>> Linux.
>> I can confirm that this does not cause a problem with the same JDK (same
>> version and build at least) on Windows XP. I tried using different
>> maven-jaxb-plugins from a variety of repositories. All failed for other
>> reasons. There is a manual work around to the problem, i.e. remove the
>> non-UTF8 characters, so I don't think that this, on its own is a blocker.
>>
>> I've raised http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1296 for this.
>>
>> Simon

Simon C Nash   IBM Distinguished Engineer
Hursley Park, Winchester, UK   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel. +44-1962-815156   Fax +44-1962-818999

Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer
http://people.apache.org/~lresende
http://lresende.blogspot.com/