I was assuming we would check in one "default" configuration. There's
nothing preventing people from running maven eclipse:eclipse or manually
changing them in their own environments. We wouldn't want people to
accidentally check their changes back in so we'd probably want them on the
svn:ignore list.

I wasn't really implying that we need to have a policy that every Tuscany
project include IDE files. I was really just wondering if it would be
acceptable to allow such files to be checked in to any of the projects.
For SDO, for example, the two projects that I know are currently being
reused by other projects (in isolation) are sdo-api and sdo-lib. Having
Eclipse files for just those two would be helpful.

Frank.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 06/14/2007 05:14:44 AM:

> Right thats the problem isn't it. If we check in the IDE files in we're
> assuming one particular way of using the code. For the SCA project which
is
> quite big i've several different workspaces - one with every thing
including
> modules, samples and itest, another workspace just with modules, and
another
> just with samples etc. That wouldn't work with the IDE files checked in
as
> I'd have to change them for the the different workspaces and then when
doing
> checkin's try real hard to not accidentally commit my local changes to
the
> IDE files which would be a real pain and almost certainly quite often
happen
> by accident.
>
>    ...ant
>
> On 6/14/07, kelvin goodson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > There's pain in the process, not huge, but irritating
> >
> > first off there's the definition of the M2_REPO variable,  not a huge
> > problem, especially if you stick to just one workspace.  I tend to
create
> > workspaces as and when I need them,  and I can't see how to make my
variable
> > definition cross multiple workspaces.
> >
> > Next, and probably more significant is removing the binary
dependencies
> > and setting up inter project dependencies.   After the maven
eclipse:eclipse
> > command for example, the tools project depends on the binary artifacts
> > generated from the maven build of the impl, lib and api projects .
What
> > most developers are going to want is inter project dependencies.  So
there's
> > quite a bit of manual deletion of jars from the class path entries,
then,
> > you might want for example the lib project to expose the api projects
> > interface, etc. etc.
> >
> > I'm quite well practised at setting this up,  but its still a 5 minute
> > job.
> >
> > Regards, Kelvin.

Eclipse
> > > made