Hi, I tried out the source and binary distributions and here are some
observations: -

Source Distro
--------------------
- In the license file there is a mention of Tuscany SDO and Eclipse license,
but am not able to figure out a distribution of these packages.  If we are
not distributing them why do we include them in the licenses?
- The Notice file contains a mention of packages used from osoa.org but did
not quite find a distribution for it and don't know if something from osoa
is at all used.
- In the file BUILDING the following could be changed for clairty : -

" Change to the top level directory to Apache Tuscany source distribution"
"Go over to the directory where you have extracted the DAS Source
Distribution and execute the following:
- cd tuscany-das-1.0-incubating-beta1
- mvn

- I cleaned up das and sdo from my local repo and was able to build the
source successfully.

Binary Distribution
--------------------------
- There are some dependent jars that are spread into the sample
directories.  Just wonder if we can bring them all under the lib and make
the samples use them from lib as we are doing in SCA
- sample-ajax-das has a war file that has jstl.jar packaged in it.  I don't
find any mention of jstl.jar in the license file.

- Samples (from Binary Distribution)
   - CompanyWeb Sample :
       - In the readme for section titled "Running from Tomcat configured
by the build" we should probably make it clear that this is an option to be
tried only with the source disb.  And then there is a mention of
"java/das/samples/testing/tomcat build" which needs to be made relative to
the source disb. extraction.
       -  The section "Deploying the CompanyWeb WAR into a Tomcat you
configure yourself" needs to be updated a bit.  For example it mentions
about downloading derby. jar whereas its already a part of the war
   - Customer Sample - the readme does not have enuf info on how to go
about running it.

I will give the samples another shot tomorrow to get them to work.

Thanks

- Venkat