Hi All,
I am just trying to get the discussion open for XQuery DAS.

In the path of building XQuery DAS implementation, it will be
helpful to have code structure which can support different XQuery
Implementations
and not stick to one.

I am trying to use DB2 Express's XQuery support as its a freeware. (XQEngine
has licensing issues, )

XQuery DAS uses Service Provider framework to invoke required service
flavour of
DAS, like XQuery/LDAP.(Thanks to Luciano, his sandbox has some api, impl
separation) Further, we can consider different XQuery implementations like
DB2 Express, Saxon,.... The Service Provider framework similar to above can
be used here too, to customize the DAS instance for a particular XQuery
Impl.

Also, we need to consider the fact that connection to data source can be -
database
connection, file system connection,....and keep the api module generic
enough to accomodate that. I am changing the das-api a bit around that.
Attaching a brief class diagram.

Please give comments, suggestions.

Regards,
Amita