From: Brady Johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 11:42 AM
To: tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: [SCA Native] Can we make an SCA branch for SDO 2.1 spec
changes

There are 2 options here:

1. Make the sdo spec 2.1 changes in SDO head and SCA head. This will
cause SCA head to not compile with SDO M3.

2. Make the sdo spec 2.1 changes in an SDO branch and an SCA branch,
thus allowing SCA head to compile with SDO M3. Then a merge will have to
be done at some point to get the changes into M4.

The deciding factor is whether or not we ALWAYS want SCA head to compile
with SDO M3. IMO I don't think this is necessary. It should be
understood that the SVN Head is changing and that it may not always
compile 100% with previous releases (M3). If someone wants to compile
the source code, get either:
        SDO M3 and SCA M3
-- Or --
        SDO SVN Head and SCA SVN Head
        (efforts should be made that these 2 compile together as often
as possible, if not always)

That said, I vote for option 1.

Brady Johnson
Lead Software Developer - HydraSCA