I have just committed initial support for import/export, the
integration tests exercise and demonstrates the usage of multiple
contributions using import/export scenarios, there is also a strawman
documentation available on the wiki [1].

This is working in progress, and I will look a little more into it to
optimize the algorithm being used on the resolution mechanism of the
imports.

[1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Contribution+-+Import+and+Export