I have created TUSCANY-1441 for this and attached a patch that
builds cleanly on the current trunk.

  Simon

Simon Nash wrote:

I have made some changes to the core wiring framework and the
SCA binding that allow the SCA binding to be treated just like
any other binding by the core wiring framework.  With these changes,
direct local "short cicuit" target invocation is supported by code
within the SCA binding rather than by having special wiring logic
in CompositeActivatorImpl.

With my changes applied, I'm able to get a complete clean build
on my checkout from a few days ago.  I'm now starting work on
merging my changes into the latest trunk.  I am aware that Raymond
has been making some changes in this area, and I'm hoping that
there won't be too many conflicts.