On 18/07/07, Brady Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I uploaded a patch on top of what you submit to svn.

Here is a description of what I changed:

- Changed the name of compilers.xml to system.xml.

- This update has better support for a platform.properties file that is
completely empty.
 That is, all of the platform dependent items are figured out by ant.
If they are set in
 the platform.properties file then they override the ant determination.

- Better directory path management has been added to the root build.xml
and
 runtime/core/src/build.xml files.

- The install and clean targets in runtime/core/src have been completed.

With respect to your latest post regarding "tuscany-sca-config.h":
I knew this was a problem on clean systems and had envisioned either
running a script or using a slimmed down automake/configure to setup
this file and any platform specific parameters. That's certainly
something we'll have to address, what do you think?

The only reason we use this automake generated file is to set the
IS_DARWIN compiler flag for running on Mac OS X. I expect we can use a
different technique in ant to set this flag. Is there a "family=mac"
or somesuch in ant? The automake simply runs a 'uname -s' command to
figure it out.

I think a goal for this shoul be that I can do a clean extract from
svn and type "ant" in the top level directory and it will build with
everything defaulted. We need various pre-reqs defined (SDO loccation,
+ other pre-reqs) but we should try to make this as simple as
possible.

Cheers,

Brady Johnson
Lead Software Developer - HydraSCA