Headline message for SCA (and perhaps DAS)  -- this is notice of a change
that will require minor updates in order not to break the build

----

We have 2 new things in SDO that are of significance to this message that
have come about since the beta1 release.

1) An improved notion of what embodies a scope for types -- the
HelperContext (previously the story was confused because the TypeHelper was
used for this purpose at times)
2) Restructuring of the code so that it is clear what it Tuscany SDO API (
i.e. Tuscany extensions as opposed to the SDO API itself)

However, the API in the trunk still uses a TypeHelper to be passed into half
a dozen methods to represent the scope.  It would be an awful shame not to
fix this,  and it would also look odd to go out with a brand new API that
already has deprecations. I have altered the API in the SDO release branch
[1].

As far as I can tell from poking around in eclipse, SCA makes about half a
dozen calls into the API,  so it's a small job to fix this up.  Can someone
is SCA please liaise with me to get this done at our mutual convenience,
thanks.

Kelvin.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/tuscany/branches/sdo-1.0-incubating/lib/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/sdo/api/SDOHelper.java?view=diff&rev=557615&r1=557614&r2=557615<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/tuscany/branches/sdo-1.0-incubating/impl/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/sdo/helper/SDOHelperImpl.java?view=diff&rev=557615&r1=557614&r2=557615>