Raymond,
  Use of non snapshot plugins for the cases you show caused the build to
fail.  The maven osgi plugin does not have a non snapshot version available.
It has been superceded by the maven bundle plugin.  I do not believe this is
a significant risk for the release.  I investigated both cases and decided
that the neither of these issues presented stop ship issues. At the moment I
can not recall the resons why the javadoc plugin caused build failure,  but
I do recall doing the investigation that caused me to leave it as it is.
Are you going to -1 the RC on this basis?
Kelvin.