[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
We recently migrated our version of Tuscany from M2 to 0.91, and we noticed
that the memory consumption seems to have increased by quite a bit. When doing
memory profiling, the culprit appeared to be classes related to Xerces DOM
(DeferredElementNSImpl, several other schema element related classes). When
profiling the samples (helloworld-ws-sdo-webapp) and our application in M2,
those classes don't seem to get called. We are going through the jars to
determine which module is triggering the Xerces parser, but any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure which Tuscany extension triggers the loading of Xerces yet, but the SDO-Axiom and JSON databindings and the EJB and Script bindings seem to pull Xerces in their pom.xml.

I noticed that in 0.91 most Tuscany extensions on the classpath (and most of them are going to be on the classpath if you're using tuscany-sca-all.jar) are aggressively loaded and initialized when the runtime starts. I'm going to make some changes to a number of binding and implementation extensions to allow them to be loaded only when they are actually required by an SCA assembly.

I hope this will help.