Simon Laws wrote:
I need some advice on the way the code is structures. In various places in
the code I need to get at some information that logically belongs to the sca
domain. For example,

CompositeWireBuilderImpl.connectComponentReferences()

Tries to resolve services. In the distributed case this resolution may
validly fail and I need to ask the domain whether the service is available
elsewhere. So I need access to some domain management services. Ideally I
would like to have access to a domain interface but am unsure how to plumb
it in as this kind of thing isn't generally available now. Anyone care to
offer some advice how I get at such an interface without breaking the SPIs?

Thanks

Simon

WireCompositeBuilderImpl is not an SPI, so you can pass whatever you want to its constructor without breaking any SPI.

But I have a preliminary question: Why do you need to ask the domain (management service) about remote services at that specific point in WireCompositeBuilderImpl?