Hi all,

I have provided a prototype for XQuery impelementation type extension for
Tuscany. I did this as part of my master thesis and I would like to contribute
the sources and the idea to Tuscany if you think this would be useful.

Of course it is currently only a prototype and it is not production ready, but
if you think that such contribution will be useful for the future of Tuscany I
will be glad to help.

Some notes about the prototype:

1. I see XQuery as a mighty data integration technology, that's why, in my
opinion, the SCA specification should be enhanced with XQuery-related
implementation type.

2. In order to prove this concept I created  simple extension to Tuscany, which
interprets implementation type "implementation.xquery". Generally the following
contributions were done:
   - xquery artifact resolver
   - xquery implementation provider
   - Saxon data binding and transormes for DOM Nodes and SDO DataObjects

3. As underlying implementation Saxon B is used. This has its limitations - it
is not schema aware, but it is free (MPL - licensed).

4. I created test cases for the following scenarios:
   - Sending data from one SCA component to XQuery component
   - Feeding data to XQuery component by using properties
   - Binding XQuery component as a web service
   - referencing other SCA components from the XQuery component

5. In order to allow integration of XQuery in SCA I have also provided some
specification of how references, services and properties can be defined in the
XQuery file.

Bye, Vasil Vasilev

С бензин в кръвта!
http://auto-motor-und-sport.bg/