Surefire is configure to run test based on the following criteria :
   <include>**/*TestCase.java</include>

The test case java file must match the criteria above, and to take a
concrete example (java/sca/itest/callback-api), you can see that the
test case is named as CallBackApiTest.java and will not be picked up
by surefire, that's why you see the message of no tests to run :

 T E S T S
There are no tests to run.

Results :

--