On 8/16/07, Giorgio Zoppi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> i'm highly interested in contributing to the distributed runtime.
> Actually I'm trying to understand if this component model could be the
> building block for creating autonomic components. An autonomic
> component can consist of one or more managed components coupled with a
> single manager that controls them. To pursue its goal, the manager may
> trigger an adaptation of the managed components to react to a run-time
> change (i.e. fault, load balancing, etc).
> Some questions..i've updated the svn and it builds but not the
> distributed-calculator.
> Why? (It could be for me a starting point).
> Cheers,
> Jo.

Hi Jo and welcome to Tuscany

I'm just making some changes to the calculator sample to fix it up so it
will work again. What we have is a a simple scenario where you start 3 nodes
that run SCA components for different parts of the calculator  application
and the nodes talk to a registry to find out what components are on which
node. Very simple at the moment but the framework is in place to add all
sorts of interesting component management options. Sounds like you have some
good ideas. Let me get the sample fixed up and I'll post back here. You can
then look at something that runs.

Regards