ant elder wrote:
On 8/3/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
ant elder wrote:
Taking that line of thought and you hit the long thread associated with:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-tuscany-dev/200701.mbox/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]
which is what I was hoping to quietly ignore by just keeping everything
in
the one SCA namespace.

   ...ant

On 8/3/07, Simon Nash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Wouldn't this cause breakage in the scenario that I described, where
<foo> from Tuscany later turns into <foo> as part of SCA but with some
differences?  Any SCDLs written to just use plain <foo> would break
when Tuscany steps up to support the SCA <foo>.

   Simon

ant elder wrote:

How about having the Tuscany namespace extend the SCA one so you can

choose

to use that as the default namespace so as to avoid having to worry

about

all the namespace prefixes?

   ...ant

I don't really expect to win this debate now that the issue has been

brought

up, had just been hoping it wouldn't come up :)

I didn't really want to reopen this debate either but I didn't
understand both of your last comments so I guess I'm going to have to
ask some questions...

Ant, what did you mean by "having the Tuscany namespace extend the SCA
one?"

I'm not actually sure, my xsd is a bit rusty, i vaguely thought there was a
way to say something extend another namespace inheriting all the things from
it, but a quick search for it now i cant find how to do that, is it not
possible?

<snip>

And also give my opinion:
+0.5 if people want to keep Tuscany extensions in the SCA namespace for
now, hoping that they make it to the SCA spec XSDs at some point

I'd be +1 on doing that. The easier we can make things for people trying out
Tuscany the better IHMO.

 ...ant

What's the conclusion here? I've seen different opinions from Mike, Simon, Luciano, Ant, myself. Do we need a vote to decide the next step?