Hi Venkat,

Comments inline.

On 8/23/07, Venkata Krishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi..
>
> I was trying out the samples from a binary distro and could not quite
> manage
> to run the Notification extension samples - there are three of them.  Have
> others any success with them.

I've been trying to keep them up to date. I had them working last week, but
today,
when I try to run the binding-notification-producer sample I get the
following:

C:\Devt\eclipse-311\eclipse\workspace\trunk\sca\distribution>set
MAVEN_REPO=\Doc
uments and Settings\Administrator\.m2\repository

C:\Devt\eclipse-311\eclipse\workspace\trunk\sca\distribution>set
STAX_JAR=%MAVEN
_REPO%\stax\stax\1.1.1-dev\stax-1.1.1-dev.jar

C:\Devt\eclipse-311\eclipse\workspace\trunk\sca\distribution>set
TUSCANY_BIN_DIS
TRO=\Devt\tuscany-sca-distr\tuscany-sca-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT

C:\Devt\eclipse-311\eclipse\workspace\trunk\sca\distribution>set
TUSCANY_SCA_MAN
IFEST_JAR=%TUSCANY_BIN_DISTRO%\lib\tuscany-sca-manifest.jar

C:\Devt\eclipse-311\eclipse\workspace\trunk\sca\distribution>cd
..\samples\bindi
ng-notification-producer

C:\Devt\eclipse-311\eclipse\workspace\trunk\sca\samples\binding-notification-pro
ducer>java -Dnotification.httpPort=8083 -cp
"target\sample-binding-notification-
producer-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar;%STAX_JAR%;%TUSCANY_SCA_MANIFEST_JAR%"
noti
fication.producer.TrafficAdvisoryServer
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.tuscany.sca.http.ServletHostExtensionPoi
nt.addServletHost(Lorg/apache/tuscany/sca/http/ServletHost;)V
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.http.tomcat.module.TomcatRuntimeModuleActivato
r.start(TomcatRuntimeModuleActivator.java:42)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.impl.ReallySmallRuntime.startMod
ules(ReallySmallRuntime.java:225)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.impl.ReallySmallRuntime.start(Re
allySmallRuntime.java:142)
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.impl.DefaultSCADomain
.<init>(Def
aultSCADomain.java:93)
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.SCADomain.createNewInstance
(SCAD
omain.java:230)
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.SCADomain.newInstance
(SCADomain.
java:69)
        at notification.producer.TrafficAdvisoryServer.main
(TrafficAdvisoryServe
r.java:31)
It is not clear to me whether the TomcatRuntimeModuleActivator is trying to
do
the right thing. And, I suppose it is being called as part of the start of
every module in
the distro; as far as I can tell, the sample or the binding do not need
them.
Thoughts anyone?

>  I guess the readmes for them might need a bit
> of re-org for the following: -
>
> - First most of what is mentioned seems to be only for the Windows env.

Right, I have only been working in a Windows env so far. I would welcome
volunteers
to try the samples in unix, and to complete the READMEs accordingly :-)

Other samples cover for unix as well.
> - There are some env. varibales that need to be set before running the
> samples.  They are all about including the notification extension jars and
> stax jar our of the local maven repo.  It would be good to use the jars in
> the distribution itself.

Yes, so far I was working under the assumption that the notification
implementation
and binding were not part of the distro, but since they have been
incorporated, I will
update the READMEs to reflect this. Notice that the trace above does not
assume
the extension jars need to come from the local repo any more.

- It seems like a couple of notification samples have to be run together.
> Though this is mentioned somewhere in the README it would be good if it
> was
> mentioned in one of the steps for running the sample much like what weSho
> do
> for the ws and rmi samples.

Yeah, I was hoping the READMEs would be enough, but I'll take a look at the
samples
you mention.

- Finally there is no ant build script

Again, volunteers are welcome to add one :-)

If others share this view of mine, then I can raise a JIRA for this.

Sure, a JIRA would be good, and I can follow up on it with the items above
and, if/when
there are volunteers for the unix and ant pieces, we can try to close it in
a timely fashion.

Thanks

Thank you

- Venkat