ant elder wrote:
On 8/9/07, Venkata Krishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

<snip>

- Post 0.95, maybe a couple of weeks after the release, we'd cut
another branch and head with that for 1.0 release.   Being a 1.0
release, we prob. need a branch early as that so that we can whet the
things we are targetting for the release.

This seems like a really good idea to me. The 0.99 release has again shown
that it always takes at least a couple of RCs to discover and resolve
regressions caused by last minute changes and to polish up the samples, and
for 1.0 we're all likely to be a bit more pedantic about readme and sample
problems. How about aiming for a 1.0 branch and RC1 around the 14th of
September? That gives 3 weeks from now for getting things ready and then two
weeks which should enough for 2 or 3 RCs and voting and still get a 1.0 in
September.

+1

I've created a 1.0 JIRA version and started moving into there JIRAs i'd like
to try to get done for 1.0 :
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12310210&fixfor=12312698

Nice! I think we should all spend a little bit of time now to take look at the JIRAs that we ran into recently. I suggest the following:
- target them for SCA-1.0 if you care about them
- volunteer for them and assign to yourself if you really care about them :)
- target them for SCA-next if you think they can be handled post 1.0

I'll go over the JIRAs I know enough about in the next 2 days.

One thing that would be good to do now while they're fresh in our minds is
for people to commit fixes to trunk for all the sample and readme issues
they reported in the 0.99 review so they don't get forgotten till 1.0review.

   ...ant

+1