[snip]
Simon Nash wrote:
I'm OK with most of this, but I have some comments and concerns.
See inline.

  Simon

I'm not convinced about putting callbackObject into EndpointReference.
The callbackObject can be one of the following:
 1) a ServiceReference
 2) a local Java instance that supports the callback interface

For case 1), the "From" or "replyTo" field (see my comments below)
on the wire would be used to pass the callbackObject's endpoint
instead of passing the client's callback service endpoint.  The callback
would not be directed back to this client, so there is no reason to hold
this ServiceReference in this client's EndpointReference.

For case 2), this is not passed on the wire, but is retained by the
caller (for stateful callbacks only) to be used for callback invocations.
The caller needs to provide a means to correlate the callback object
instance with the conversation ID for the stateful callback's conversation.
I don't think the caller's EndpointReference needs to hold the
callbackObject or play any part in this.

+1

- A new Message.replyTo endpoint reference field should be added as the "replyTo" endpoint can be different from the "from" endpoint and callback information should be carried in that new replyTo endpoint reference.

I don't agree with this.  The WS-Addressing replyTo field is used for
a reply to the forward message. The semantics of a reply (see section 3.2
of the WS-Addressing spec) are not the same as SCA callback semantics.
An SCA callback is a new message that is additional to the reply for
the original forward message.  A WS-Addressing request/reply exchange
must observe the following requirements:
 1. The request message must contain a MessageID element
 2. The reply message must contain a RelatesTo element containing
    the MessageId of the original request.
Neither of these is needed for callback purposes.  SCA callbacks should
not be tied to the original message in this way.

The wsa:From element is well suited to carrying the SCA callback
endpoint information because it simply provides an endpoint to call and
does not impose any additional protocol requirements.

Your reading of the WS-addressing spec if correct, +1 from me to use "from" instead of "replyTo" to carry the endpoint reference of the callback service.