Hi Simon,

Did I understand you well:
 "2 way" and "1 way" is by differences of input parameter?

If you mean this, my suggestion would be: usually developers design WS as
query/response. This has been a usual. To support "query only" and "response
only" WS is not really important for Tuscany.

Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi

I asked this question on the user list but would like to move it along and
ask the developer communities opinion....

In the Apache Tuscany Incubator we are using the Axis2 Java2WSDL tooling. We
generate document/literal/wrapped wsdl (the default I believe for java2WSDL)
and in Tuscany we are using the JAX-WS V2 specification as a guide to what
constitutes wrapped WSDL. We are coming up to our 1.0 release (in a few
weeks time) and have run into a couple of issues where we need to decide
quickly whether we are using the Axis2 tools incorrectly or whether we need
to implement a work around.

Note. We are running with Axis2 1.2 in Tuscany currently but I did the
generation below with Axis2 1.3 just to see if anything had changed in the
latest version.

For the interface:

public interface TestServiceParam {

    public String foo();

}

Axis1.3 Java2WSDL produces

elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace=" http://test";>

nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>

wsaw:Action="urn:fooResponse"/>

I was expecting the following. I've added + to the lines that have been
added.

elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace=" http://test";>
+
+
+

nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>

+

wsaw:Action="urn:fooResponse"/>

Is the current output produced by design and if so why is it this way?
Are there options I can use to make java2WSDL generate the form I would
like?

For the interface

public interface TestServiceReturn {

    public void foo(String param);

}

Axis1.3 Java2WSDL produces

elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace=" http://test";>

nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>

How did Axis2 decide to produce a one way message here?
Is there a way I can ask java2WSDL to produce a 2 way message in this
situation?

I've looked in the mail lists and in JIRA and I don't see mention of this
but I'm fairly new to the resources that Axis2 has to offer so there's a
good chance I'm not looking in the right place or with the right search
term. Apologies if it's staring me in the face.

Thanks

Simon Laws
Apache Tuscany Incubator

Building a website is a piece of cake.