From: ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sep 12, 2007 8:46 AM
Subject: Re: uri of binding.ws should be used restrictedly
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On 9/12/07, shaoguang geng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello every one,
>
> uri attribute of <binding.ws/> is much convenient to attach a WS in.
>
> But it works only within a few circumstances, such as another java
> generated WS provided by Tuscany, JAXWS.
>
> But much more WS is complecated, such as JBoss or even a Tuscany WS when
> the wsdl becomes delicate.
>
> Under these circumstances, pre loading wsdl (locally save the wsdl) and
> use "wsdlElement" will do most of them. Up to now, I have gone over it with
> JBoss and ODE.
>
> So I just think, to make things frank, I would suggest that Tuscany user
> should be warned of uri's limitation, and encouraged of using wsdl
> preloading.

The uri attribute should always get used unless the wsdlElement is pointing
at the port (ie using "#wsdl.port") in which case the uri attribute is
ignored. So you can use both uri and pre loaded wsdl as long as you use
#wsdl.binding within the wsdlElement.

I agree its confusing that the uri can get completely ignored, the code did
used to throw an exception in that case so it was obvious there was a
conflict, i'll bring it up on the dev list to see if we can add that back.