To: <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 2:05 PM
Subject: Axis Timeout Setting Inquiry

Hi,

I am currently experiencing Axis Timeouts when using a jsp to hit my service (the service requires a long time to process the request). I notice in the
tuscany-binding-ws-axis2-0.99-incubating.jar, there is a file called
axis2.xml in which I think I can specify a timeout value. I was wondering is this the only way I can do this, or can I specify the timeout value in the
default.composite file / within the wsdl / set some SCADomain property?

Thanks,

Chris

I think that this is the kind of thing that could be configured using a policy intent. That new intent would have to be defined and implemented in the WS binding runtime.

What do our policy spec experts think about this?