On 9/25/07, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 9/25/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> > Simon Laws wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > It feels like we have been getting better at using JIRA in the run up
> > > 0.99 and 1.0 release in terms of the consistency with which we raise
> bug
> > > reports and assign them to releases. Based on Ant's branch freeze
> > suggestion
> > > how about we now
> > >
> > > 1/ create the following versions in JIRA
> > >   JAVA-SCA-1.1 - as the  trunk target
> > >   JAVA-SCA-1.0.1  - as the 1.0 branch target in case we need it
> > >

> > Dare I ask :) Java SCA 1.0.1 has 12 unresolved issues? Is anybody
> > working on fixing these 12 issues for a 1.0.1 release different from 1.1
> ?
> >
> > When can I download 1.0.1?
> >
> > > 2/ Review the JIRA components to make them match the modules we
> > currently
> > > have. Several options here, e.g.
> > >   a/ add a component for any module we have in svn that is not
> > represented
> > >   b/ stick with the shorter list, as we have now,  making sure we have
> > one
> > > for each extension and general ones for Itests, samples, demos ,
> > > distribution etc.
> > >

> > +1 for b, stick to the list we have now, until components disappear or
> > new components emerge and have issues that need to be tracked.
> >
> > > 3/ Continue the theme of creating JIRAs for the bug/enhancements we
> see
> > and
> > > assigning them to the release where we want them to be fixed.
> > >

> > +1 therefore my question above about 1.0.1 :)
> > > B.t.w I'm happy to do admin tasks as appropriate.
> > >
> > > Simon
> > >

> > --
> > Jean-Sebastien

> I think that we, as a community, have to decide what sort of change would
> necessitate a 1.0.1 release. Looking at the JIRAs there now these can all
> be
> addressed in 1.1 in my opinion.  1.0.1 would just be for emergencies when
> people can't take the latest code from trunk for some reason. I will
> reassign them unless anyone shouts.
>
> Simon

"just for emergencies" seems too strong to me, I'll wait a bit to see what
problems get discovered but I'm quite keen on some 1.0.x releases and think
any common problem that users see with 1.0 could be a candidate. Take
TUSCANY-1795 as an example, if this is really what happens when anyone tries
the sample then thats not a very good user experience so if its an easy fix
why not fix it? I think the important thing is to try to keep the changes in
each 1.0.x release small so its really easy to review and get the votes
through with minimum effort.