ant elder wrote:
On Nov 14, 2007 9:11 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

Luciano Resende wrote:
Try removing the test scope from derby dependency on the
implementation-data pom.

Did that and it works around the problem, but it's a workaround :)

Why is doing this in the implementation-data pom.xml a work around?
Having a dependency on derby in implementation-data would be like having a direct dependency on tomcat in binding-ws-axis2. It'll bring derby in even if I've decided to use implementation-data with another database.

If
implementation-data needs derby to be used then whats wrong with defining
that as a dependency?
implementation-data doesn't require derby, you should be able to use it with another database.

Thats like we do with wstx isn't it, there are other
stax impls available but we still explictly define the wstx one.
Is that a good thing? :) I don't think so.

Alternatively, and to answer the initial question, if its just wanted that
derby gets included in the bin distro lib folder then that can be done by
adding the dependency to distribution/pom.xml.
Ah, this is what I was looking for! Great, I'll try that. Thanks.