On Nov 19, 2007 10:22 AM, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've just committed changes to the Jetty and Tomcat host containers.
> (r596243 and r596246) to ensure that URLs are formed correctly when
> context
> is included in the Node URI, e.g.
>
> http://localhost:8080/somecontext
>
> is combined with
>
> mycomponent/myservice
>
> to give
>
> http://localhost:8080/somecontext/mycomponent/myservice
>
> Tomcat was working OK in most circumstances but the original changes to
> jetty meant it was exposing services as
>
> http://localhost:8080/somecontext/somecontext/mycomponent/myservice
>
> I've reverted the original changes so that the context is not set on the
> server but is added to the servlet path in getURLMapping(String)  as it
> needs to be set back into the binding uri. If we want to set the context
> the server we will have tomake more changes so that the binding can
> manipulate the complete URL and not get it confused with the context when
> the servlet is registered.

After this the calculator-distributed sample no longer works for me nor
Tomcat using nodes with paths in the urls. Whats the reasons we can't get
Jetty to work with the context path on the http server?  I'm  wondering if
that might be easier, it also has to be the way the webapp host works as we
can't change the context path of the webapp, but i don't want to go off
looking at this if you've already tried it and hit blocking issues?