Hi

When setting the location on an implementation.spring to a JAR file, the current Tuscany implementation first looks for the Spring-Context attribute in the manifest (which looks okay). However, if that is not found, it tries to load the application context from application-context.xml in the root of the JAR.

Reading the spec, I find this section:
"If there is no MANIFEST.MF file or no Spring-Context header within
that file, then the default behaviour is to build an application context using all the *.xml files in the META-INF/spring directory."

Being pretty much a Tuscany n00b I don't know if this is a conscious decision or a bug. If you think its a bug I'll open a JIRA and attempt creating a patch. Since the implementation currently works by returning a URL which is later loaded using URL.getInputStream() (which wouldn't work all that well for all *.xml in a directory) this patch might get complicated. Suggestions welcome :-)

/niklas