On Nov 29, 2007 9:08 AM, Simon Nash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Simon Laws wrote:
>
> > On Nov 28, 2007 11:31 AM, Simon Nash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> >>I'm trying to work out what domain level autowiring would mean.
> >>Having a target assigned dynamically according to a set of rules
> >>opens up the possibility that the service chosen would not be the
> >>one expected.  The other approach is to have a service registry
> >>that could be queried using some other metadata.  My first reaction
> >>was that an explicit query would be more flexible, but perhaps
> >>these approaches come to the same thing and it's just a matter of
> >>where the lookup metadata is held.  This would be a good topic to
> >>raise in the OASIS SCA spec group.
> >>
> >>  Simon

> >>It's

> >>domain

> >>are

> >>binding

> >>processing

> would
> >>
> >>be

> >>http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg25636.html

> >>Yes, I'm not particularly a fan of autowiring myself as it seems to
> bring
> >
> > potentially non-deterministic behaviour but the specs include this
> feature
> > at 1.0 so it would be interesting to hear the justification/scenarios.
> >
> The 1.0 specs include it but only within a composite.

Does this include the domain level composite into which all deployed
composites are included? If no then we can treat each composite
independently. If yes then we are discussing autowiring at the domain
level.

>  In that context
> it is deterministic and is effectively a shorthand for writing explicit

I'm a little skeptical of this as in the case where more services are found
than the multiplicity of an autowired reference is able to cope with the
spec says that "the SCA runtime selects one of the target services in a
runtime-dependent fashion". How do we translate our rule into something that
make sense to the user contributing the composite. Choose the first
component/service in alphabetical order?