Folks,

A thought here is whether we should be keeping around all of the original SCDL at all times.

I can regard the Domain as consisting of the SCDL made up from all the contributions made into it. I have the view that the Domain is a kind of distributed database of configuration information. I think this is separate from the runtime information within Tuscany which is an implementation of the "design" laid down in the Domain configuration.

So perhaps the idea should be to always keep the Domain information (XML form if desired) and to reference it from the runtime entities. That way, it will be always possible to go back and retrieve the original Domain configuration information.

Thoughts?

Yours,  Mike.