Hi,

Beyond performance, I don't think svn stat is good way to handle the case that the project has been updated from svn but the build is not run yet. I now ported the timestamp check from the maven-compiler-plugin and it should give us the capability to be incremental.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jean-Sebastien Delfino" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 3:49 PM
Subject: Re: How to run incremental builds of the Tuscany SCA tree

Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
Raymond Feng wrote:
Hi,

I tried the plugins and it works well.

I also made the following improvements:

1) Integrate the plugin with maven scm capability, i.e. use APIs to call "svn status" to detect if there are any local changes against SVN repo. (Pretty fast for a single module).

Any idea of how long it takes if you run it from the top of the tree?

I tried it myself. Svn status on each module takes too long, defeating the purpose of the plugin.

If you don't want to create .modified marker files, you can compare the timestamps of the source files + pom.xml and the timestamp of a marker file that the plugin can create under the target directory to record when it was run.

You could also check the timestamps of .class files and the .war or .jar files but that assumes more knowledge of the structure of the module.