On Dec 13, 2007 12:16 PM, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Dec 12, 2007 10:03 AM, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 12, 2007 9:45 AM, Luciano Resende <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Following Ant's question, after you cut the first RC, development
> > > would continue on trunk or on a branch ? Based on the timeframe and
> > > considering we would still work on issues on the week of Jan 7th, I'd
> > > recommend continue on trunk until sometime around end of year.

> > > structure
> > with
> this
> > > year

> > > areas
> > > go

> > i.e.addwhat is
> indicate
> > > what
> text
> > so
> > > it

> fixing
> > release
> at
> > > their
> week
> > > vote
> voting
> > > with a
> > done).

> > > function

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/distribution/src/main/release/CHANGES
> > > > >

> > > --
> > > Luciano Resende
> > > Apache Tuscany Committer
> > > http://people.apache.org/~lresende<http://people.apache.org/%7Elresende>
> <http://people.apache.org/%7Elresende><
> > http://people.apache.org/%7Elresende>
> > > http://lresende.blogspot.com/

> > > If people are agreed that any work that gets committed to trunk over
> the
> > Christmas holidays is related to fixing up the content of the release
> > candidate contents we finalize next week then I'm happy to keep that
> > effort
> > going on trunk with a view to cutting the branch including all of the
> > fixes
> > people have made when I get back on the 2nd Jan. We could hope to use
> this
> > "RC0" to catch 90% of the release issues and reduce the pain a little
> for
> > this 90% by allowing the fixes to happen in just one place.
> >
> > If people have other projects in mind that take the trunk in a different
> > direction then I'll take a branch next week.
> >
> > Simon
> >

> Doing it next year sounds good to me, i've no plans to start on new stuff
> not related to 1.1 over the break but i would find it useful to have that
> time to finish things off.
>
>   ...ant

I do want to get an RC done next week (from the trunk) which we can all test
with and which I hope shows what we intend to release in 1.1. From past
experience we know that the first time we try to get it all together there
will be many things to fix and things to finish. I wouldn't expect that to
include, for example, inclusion of new modules that we haven't discussed
here or material changes to the structure of the release. The point of this
being that we shouldn't be in 1.1. development mode when January comes round
and that we are focused on getting 1.1 through the release votes with all
the fixing and fiddling we know that entails.