Hi,

Going further with the Bigbank scenario I have now split up the three
different accounts - Savings, Stock and Checkings into individual
composites.

The checkingAccount service is exposed as a webservice and is enabled for
authentication.  Now I am trying to incorporate authorization into the
checkingsAccount implementation i.e. allow access of account information
only to its owners.

The authentication of users happens at the wsBinding and the authenticated
principal must now be used for authorization by the checkingsAccount java
implementation.

I spent a bit of time exploring how I could fit in a JAAS into this scenario
and just could not figure out a neat fit.  JAAS authorization seems to be
good when we are treating things as just java resources.  But over here it
seems to me that we are doing things at the application layer.  So for now I
plan to resort to a more higher level authorization where I plan to maintain
a access control list that will provide a list of which user owns which
account.

With this, I am figuring out how the authenticated principal could be passed
over from the wsBinding to the javaImplementation.  Obviously the Message
object seems to be the only viable carrier and am trying somethings around
that.  Will post next on what actually works at the end of all this.
Meanwhile, thoughts / suggestions ?

Thanks

- Venkat