Please see my comments below.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jean-Sebastien Delfino" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2008 2:09 PM
Subject: Re: Adding phase-based ordering support for invokers/interceptors in the InvocationChain

Raymond Feng wrote:
[snip]
As of today, we can add multiple interceptors to the invocation chain, but we cannot control their ordering.

Is that a problem?

Yes, it's a problem. For example, I had to hack to add the databinding transformation interceptor to be added before the binding/implementation invoker.

When more policies are supported,
I see a need to provide some simple ordering mechnisim for interceptors.
[snip]

Do you have a specific use case?

Yes. A few:
1) binding/implementation invokers have to be the last one in the invocation chain. 2) for a service wire, service-level policy handlers (such as propategate/suspend transaction) must be called before implementation-level handlers (such as managed/noManagedTransaction, security run-as). 3) if I add a encryption/decryption policy handler, it needs to be invoked after the data transformation interceptor on the client side, and before the data transformation interceptor on the service side. 4) pass-by-value interceptor (if required) should be invoked before the implementation-invoker.