On Feb 10, 2008 12:50 PM, Giorgio Zoppi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've tried my app a while ago in a 16 node-cluster and I'm publishing
> my result at
> http://www.cli.di.unipi.it/~zoppi/out/ch06.html<http://www.cli.di.unipi.it/%7Ezoppi/out/ch06.html>
> They are in italian but you can find many images. I suppose to cache
> component uri
> as you can see in the code:
> http://www.cli.di.unipi.it/~zoppi/out/apas06.html#d4e1968<http://www.cli.di.unipi.it/%7Ezoppi/out/apas06.html#d4e1968>
> in order to speed up applications.
> At the end of this work there's all code that i crafted in order to
> have a behavioural skeleton
> task farm: a SCA distributed task executor.
> Next I have to port it to the new Tuscany 1.1.
> Cheers,
> Giorgio

Hi Giorgio, thanks for posting the results. Looking at the graphs you can
see the measured completion time diverging from the ideal completion time as
the task size shrinks and the number of nodes increases. This is to be
expected as the infrastructure becomes more noticeable in these situations.
The question is is it too intrusive and do you have a feeling for where we
get the best payback in reducing the overhead. You mention caching the URL.
In other discussions over the last few weeks [1] [2] we are looking at a
slightly simplified approach to deploying the nodes where the topology is
calculated ahead of time and hence endpoint information can be provided with
deployed composites. Rather than the nodes having to make calls across the
information to find this information. This is initially less dynamic than
the situation we have now but you could argue that it is more predictable.
Do you see problems for you application in taking this slightly more static
approach?

I still have the previous code you attached to the open JIRA [3] sitting on
my machine. My intention was to check it in as a demonstration but haven't
done so yet. Should I wait until you have ported to 1.1?

Regards

Simon

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg27362.html
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg27609.html