Luciano Resende wrote:
I guess we have couple scenarios here :

- Considering contribution A importing a java package from
Contribution B, we can have the componentType in either Contribution
A(supported today) or contribution B (not working: TUSCANY-1873).

- We can also consider Contribution A importing a java package from
Contribution B, but sharing a componentType from a Contribution C.

We can also abstract the componentType file to some type of resource,
that needs to be imported from a different contribution, so I was
thinking on creating a resource import/export, that would work for
componentType and also for other types of resources that can be
addressed by a given URI.

Thoughts ?

We need a new type of import for file resources like HTML files and property value value files, for example:
<import.file uri="my/pages/store.html"/>
<import.file uri="my/properties/value.xml">

ComponentType files are a different subject.

I think that the following should be sufficient to find my.sample.store.Store.componentType:
<import.java package="my.sample.store"/>

or to find my/processes/Store.componentType describing my/processes/Store.bpel:
<import namespace="http://my/sample/bpel/"/>

In other words, the application developer should not have to write another <import.xyz> to import the .componentType file separately, importing the implementation artifact should be sufficient.