Simon Laws wrote:
Sebastien

This looks interesting. Can you say a little about how this will be used.
I'm interested as I'd like to see us open up the contribution service a bit
and provide some interfaces that allow us to operate on contributions (find
artifacts, read artifacts, resolve artifacts etc.) rather than having the
contribution service as a black box. Is this where you are going?

Simon

Yes that's where I'm going :), I'm trying to implement discrete functions to:
- add/list/remove contributions/composites/nodes
- analyze/resolve/validate contributions and their dependencies
- read/compile-build/write composites without requiring a runtime

ContributionScanner is similar to PackagingProcessor but without URIs (which bloat memory with a big workspace) and without an InputStream (which doesn't apply to contribution directories).

For everything else I'm trying to reuse as much of the underlying model, for example use artifact processors for turning contributions into contribution models, use model resolvers to resolve contribution dependencies (see the other changes to contribution-impl in SVN r631293).

I'm planning to commit the analyze/validate/find-dependencies functions to module workspace-impl.