On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 9:04 AM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There is a fair amount of special handling code for composites and
> policySets in ContributionServiceImpl.
>
> I guess these are hacked workarounds for some issues? any idea what the
> issues were?
> --
> Jean-Sebastien

This was the pseudo code that Venkat used to describe the "appliesTo"
processing here [1].

Enhance composite with policy sets based on appliesTo information

   1. For each composite file read the xml content first...
      1. For each policyset in the domain...
         1. Extract the value of 'appliesTo' attribute with is an
         xpath expression
         2. Evaluate this expression against the composite xml
         3. For each node that results out of the above evaluation
            1. if the node contains an attribute named
            'applicablePolicySets'
               1. concatenate to its value, the name of the
               PolicySet
            2. else
               1. create an attribute named
               'applicablePolicySet' and set its value to the name of
the PolicySet
              2. Wherever applicable the composite's elements
   will have the additional attribute name 'applicablePolicySets'.

Don't know if that covers all of the policy processing in
ContributionServiceImpl

Regards

Simon

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Runtime+Phases