I think this has been discussed before on this list.. but I'm not sure or
forget where we ended up.

In the case that you have a non-default binding on a component service
defined with an inner composite which
is in turn used as a component impl, what happens if the service is not
re-defined overridden at the higher level?

As an example, in the following case, does the service C1/svc1 have a WS
binding or default binding (or both)?

<composite name="Composite1" xmlns:ns="http://dummy";>
   <component name="C1">
           <implementation.composite name="ns:Composite2">
   </component>
</composite>

<composite name="Composite2" targetNamespace="http://dummy"; xmlns:ns="
http://dummy";>
   <component name="C2">
        <implementation.java class="my.C2Impl">
        <service name="innerService">
            <binding.ws .../>
        </service>
   </component>
   <!-- innerService of component C2 is promoted as svc1 -->
   <service name="svc1" promote="C2/innerService"/>
</composite>

Thanks,
Scott