Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
Simon Nash wrote:
TUSCANY-2140 raises a more general question about whether we should
report errors for all SCA annotations that are used in illegal positions.
I suspect it would be impractical to do this in every possible case.
For error cases that we consider "common" or "harmful", adding a
diagnostic is worthwhile.  TUSCANY-2140 would fall into this category.

+1 to report a misplaced annotation as a warning.

Throwing an exception that'll prevent my application to run just because a harmless annotation was present (and not considered) somewhere in part of my code seems too aggressive to me.

+1 to report misplaced SCA annotations.

Please ignore non-SCA annotations.

--
Thanks, Dan Becker