Hi,

I assume you are implementing the syntax in OSOA SCA spec 1.0. Do we know if http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-26 is an officially accepted proposal?

From: "Venkata Krishnan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 12:20 AM
To: <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Authentication & Authorization across wsBinding & java Implementation - was : Using security policies in the Bigbank scenario

Hi,

With r650032, I have committed some simple additions to support the model
and StaX processor for the bunch of policy assertions specified in section
1.7.3-Implementation-Security-Policy of the PolicyFwk Specs.

I'd wish to optimize this a bit and cut down on some classes in the future.
As a start for this here is a question related to the specs and hope
somebody is able to help me with some clarity...

- Do we need three assertions viz. permitAll, denyAll, allow. Why not just
the one as follows: -
   <allow roles="listOfNCNames"  permitAll="xs:boolean"/>

So if permitAll is 'true' then all roles is permitted. If it is false then only those roles in the 'roles' attribute is permitted. If it is false and
there aren't any roles specified then it is equivalent to 'denyAll'.

Thanks

- Venkat

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 11:43 PM, Greg Dritschler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>