Hey Everyone,

I have attempted a build of the Tuscany trunk code using revision 653996. I am following the development guide [1], and simply running the mvn command in the /java/sca directory. I encountered an IllegalArgumentException during the SimpleTypeMapperExtensionTestCase.
Below is the trace that I received for the failure [2].

Am I doing something silly or should I open a JIRA?

Thanks for the help.
Chris Trezzo

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/sca-java-development-guide.html

[2]
Running org .apache .tuscany.sca.databinding.extension.SimpleTypeMapperExtensionTestCase Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.014 sec <<< FAILURE! testMap (org .apache .tuscany.sca.databinding.extension.SimpleTypeMapperExtensionTestCase) Time elapsed: 0.011 sec <<< ERROR!
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: --02
at com .sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.datatype.XMLGregorianCalendarImpl $Parser.read(XMLGregorianCalendarImpl.java:2810) at com .sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.datatype.XMLGregorianCalendarImpl $Parser.skip(XMLGregorianCalendarImpl.java:2816) at com .sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.datatype.XMLGregorianCalendarImpl $Parser.parse(XMLGregorianCalendarImpl.java:2740) at com .sun .org .apache .xerces .internal .jaxp .datatype .XMLGregorianCalendarImpl.<init>(XMLGregorianCalendarImpl.java:440) at com .sun .org .apache .xerces .internal .jaxp .datatype .DatatypeFactoryImpl.newXMLGregorianCalendar(DatatypeFactoryImpl.java: 224) at org .apache .tuscany .sca .databinding .impl.SimpleTypeMapperImpl.toJavaObject(SimpleTypeMapperImpl.java:330) at org .apache .tuscany .sca .databinding .extension .SimpleTypeMapperExtensionTestCase .testMap(SimpleTypeMapperExtensionTestCase.java:113)
at sun .reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java: 39) at sun .reflect .DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java: 25)
        at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
        at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
at org .junit.internal.runners.OldTestClassRunner.run(OldTestClassRunner.java: 35) at org .apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java: 62) at org .apache .maven .surefire .suite .AbstractDirectoryTestSuite .executeTestSet(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:138) at org .apache .maven .surefire .suite .AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:125)
        at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:132)
at sun .reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java: 39) at sun .reflect .DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java: 25)
at org .apache .maven .surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java: 308) at org .apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java: 879)

Results :

Tests in error:
testMap (org .apache .tuscany.sca.databinding.extension.SimpleTypeMapperExtensionTestCase)