On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 2:24 PM, kelvin goodson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> As mentioned elsewhere on this list in the discussion about respinning the
> SDO 1.1.1 RC, I'm hoping to drop the "incubating" tag in the release name.
>
> This has led me to look at the parent pom,  and I guess we need a new
> version of parent pom that doesn't reference the incubator repo,  and then
> open a vote on that.  I may be opening a whole new kettle of Pandora's
> worms
> that would have been best left unopened for a point release. On the other
> hand I guess it needs doing some time soon.  Digging around a few other top
> level projects, and seeing the comments in our own parent pom,  it would
> appear I might be able to just drop the "apache.incubator" repository
> stanza
> in a new revision of the parent pom.  Is that true?  any guidance would be
> very welcome.
>
> Kelvin.

How about removing the reference to the Tuscany parent pom and just defining
whatever is required in the top level SDO pom.xml. We talked about doing
this once before - http://apache.markmail.org/message/2woxtw7lfalm3rtx. The
only concern was if it caused trouble if building all the subprojects under
tuscany/java together, but does anyone ever do that these days?