On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 8:32 PM, Dan Becker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Since I am not much of a Maven expert, I thought I would run this by the
> Tuscany community to see if I am going down the right path or to see if
> there are better ideas.
>
> Normally when I test with any Tuscany sample or test with Java 2
> security enabled, I use the JVM options -Djava.security.manager
> -Djava.security.policy=tuscany.policy -Djava.security.debug=policy. The
> tuscany.policy file enables certain parts of Tuscany code to access
> sensitive API calls, such as reading system properties or writing to the
> file system. When I run Tuscany JUnit tests in Eclipse, I add these
> options to the JUnit "Run As" dialog settings.
>
> The Tuscany vtests run when you execute Maven on the vtest pom with the
> test goal. I was thinking of adding a profile that specifies the
> additional properties above. Also, I would provide an example
> tuscany.policy file that provides the proper permissions for the Tuscany
> code base. This when you wanted to run vtests with security on, you
> would invoke this profile along with the test goal.
>
> Any additional suggestions or comments?
>
> --
> Thanks, Dan Becker

In preparation for the 1.3 branch I've just had a try building trunk with
security on and get a few failures:

[INFO] Error for project: Apache Tuscany SCA Databinding Integration Tests -
JAXB Bottom Up (during test)
[INFO]
[INFO] There are test failures.

Please refer to
C:\Tuscany\SVN\trunk\itest\databindings\jaxb-bottom-up\target\surefire-reports
for the individual test results.
[INFO]
[INFO] Error for project: Apache Tuscany SCA Late Reference Resolution
Integration Test (during test)
[INFO]
[INFO] There are test failures.

Please refer to
C:\Tuscany\SVN\trunk\itest\late-reference-resolution\target\surefire-reports
for the individual test results.
[INFO]
[INFO] Error for project: Apache Tuscany SCA OSGi-SCA Integration Tests
(during test)
[INFO]
[INFO] There are test failures.

Please refer to
C:\Tuscany\SVN\trunk\itest\osgi-implementation\target\surefire-reports for
the individual test results.

(the itests jaxb-bottom-up and late-reference-resolution fail as well but
they're also failing for me in trunk right now without security on)

Thats using the command:

mvn test -P security
"-Dtuscany.policy.file=file:///c:\Tuscany\tuscany.policy"  -o

and with a the tuscany.policy file containing:

grant codeBase "file:/C:/Tuscany/SVN/trunk/-" {
  permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

grant codeBase "file:/C:/Documents and
Settings/Administrator/.m2/repository/-" {
  permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

grant codeBase "file:/e:/temp/eclipse/eclipse/-" {
  // permission java.security.AllPermission;
  permission java.net.SocketPermission "127.0.0.1:*",
"connect,accept,resolve";
  permission java.io.FilePermission "<<ALL FILES>>", "read";
  permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "accessDeclaredMembers";
  permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "getClassLoader";
  permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "createClassLoader";
  permission java.util.PropertyPermission "*", "read";
};